- About Us
Doris Holdren King, “Dode”, 96 years old, left this earth to meet her Maker on May 2, 2019.
Doris was born in Bellville, Ohio and was the oldest of five children born to Brandt and Pauline Holdren. She was predeceased by her husband, Richard King, who died in 1995, her daughter Susan who died in 1960 and her two brothers Jim and Lynn Holdren.
She leaves behind a son, Gary King, and two grandsons, Charles Holdren and Parr King. She leaves behind a sister, Lois Mauer and a brother, Bill Holdren. She also leaves behind a very dear friend and close companion, Ruth Waldock.
Doris was a beloved educator for 30 years and was an integral part of the Sandusky School System for many years. She was a teacher, an Elementary Supervisor and a Director of Elementary Education and retired in 1986.
She served on many committees and organizations:
- Retired Administrators of Sandusky City Schools
- College Women’s Club
- Board of Betty Rinderle School for the Handicapped
- Delta Kappa Gamma
- Los Amigos
- Lange Trust Committee of the Sandusky Library
- Erie County Historical Society
- State Theatre Board
- Sandusky Yacht Club, including the Past President of the Ladies Auxiliary
- Erie County Republican Party
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Loyal Member of the Sandusky Community Church of the Nazarene
- Bible Study Group of the Sandusky Community Church of the Nazarene
- Firelands Area Ohio Chapter Hummel Club
In 2018, Doris was one of three honored to receive a first-time “Service
Award from Sandusky City Schools.”
On Friday, June 7th at 11am, a Celebration of Life will be held at the Sandusky Community Church of the Nazarene located at 1617 Milan Road Sandusky, Ohio 44870.
Donations can be made in her name to your favorite local charities